The NSB-DWM conducts research on subsistence resources on the North Slope, including their biology and natural history as well as their subsistence use. See the sidebar menu for specific research topics or click below for other topics of interest.
- NSB Shell Baseline Studies Program
- Subsistence Harvest Documentation
- Health Assessment of Subsistence Resources
More projects can be found in these Co-Management webpages:
Satellite tracking maps for beluga and bowhead whales:
- Beluga Satellite Tracking Maps
- Bowhead Satellite Tracking Maps
- Aerial Surveys of Arctic Marine Mammals (ASAMM) – NMML/NOAA
Information on conducting Arctic research:
- Principles for Conducting Research in the Arctic – The Interagency Arctic Research Policy Committee (IARPC), chaired by the National Science Foundation (NSF), has revised this document.
Sharing Wildlife observation:
- If you have a Wildlife or an Environmental Observation to share with us, please submit your observation using our Wildlife Observation Form.
Sign on the door of the NSB Arctic Research Facility (ARF). Photo credit: Adrienne Boland
For any errors seen on the Department of Wildlife Management pages, please contact us at (907) 852-0350.
Banner photo credit: Adrienne Boland