The NSB Fish & Game Management Committee (NSB F&GMC) was created by an NSB ordinance revised on Nov. 6, 1979 (See Chapter 6.04 of the NSB Code of Ordinances). The NSB DWM works closely with the NSB Fish & Game Management Committee in developing and implementing management programs for subsistence use animals.
Since this committee has a representative from each village, it is valuable for:
- Bringing village concerns to the attention of the DWM, North Slope researchers, and State and Federal agency representatives.
- Initiating dialogue on critical issues between committee members and the DWM, North Slope researchers, and State and Federal agency representatives.
- Assisting in the local coordination of wildlife studies conducted by the DWM, North Slope researchers, and State and Federal management programs.
One of the NSB F&GMC goals is to hold at least four meetings per year, either in person or by teleconference, to ensure that members bring their communities’ concerns to the group and report results to their city and or tribal councils.
September 2013 meeting in Barrow.
L to R, standing: Enoch Oktollik, Charlie Nageak, Warren Lampe, Eli Nukapigak, Ronald Oviok, Sr., Wanda Kippi (alternate for Herman Kignak), Esther Hugo. Sitting: Ben Itta.
Paying tribute to Charlie Ned K. Nageak (1944-2014), Commissioner from Kaktovik, during March 2013 meeting in Barrow.
L to R, standing: Enoch Oktollik, Lee Kayotuk, George Kignik, Herman Kignak, William Hopson. Sitting: Eli Nukapigak. Kneeling: Esther Hugo, Warren Lampe.
- NSB Fish & Game Management Committee Members
- NSB Fish & Game Management Committee Actions