The Borough executive and administrative power is vested in the Borough Mayor, Harry K. Brower Jr. With the assistance of Forrest "Deano" Olemaun, as Chief Administrative Officer, Mayor Brower, Jr. and CAO Olemaun ensure that all key responsibilities of the Executive Branch of the North Slope Borough are met:
Appoint all department heads and Mayor’s Office staff;
Supervise and execute enforcement of Borough laws;
Prepare the annual budget and Capital Improvements Program as adopted by the assembly;
Direct and supervise the administration of:
- The functions of Borough officers and employees.
- The care and custody of all Borough buildings and of all real property of the borough, including educational facilities.
- The construction, maintenance, and operation of all borough roads, bridges, drains, buildings and other public works;
- Appoint members of the Borough commissions for terms prescribed by ordinance, subject to confirmation by the Assembly;
- Execute all other powers or duties specified in the North Slope Borough Charter or lawfully prescribed by the Assembly.