COMPREHENSIVE PLAN DEVELOPMENT
The Department of Planning & Community Services is conducting a thorough review and revision of all community comprehensive plans in preparation for updating the North Slope Borough Area Wide Comprehensive Plan. The following links are status revisions of comprehensive plans in various stages of process towards adoption. For those plans already endorsed by local governments and adopted under ordinance by the NSB Assembly.
The North Slope Borough revised the borough-wide comprehensive plan. In this plan we incorporated the values of our elders and the vision of our youth to help define the course of our future.
Village Comprehensive Plans
|Anaktuvuk Pass||Atqasuk||Barrow||Kaktovik||Nuiqsut||Point Hope||Point Lay||Wainwright|
The revised comprehensive plan will guide decisions affecting land use and the revisions of the borough land use regulations, transportation, fire protection, public facilities, and economy. The major goal is to support development of the villages and natural resources in a way that preserves our Inupiat way of life.
How will the Comprehensive Plan be used?
- Support the preservation of Inupiat values and traditions
- Provide a clear direction for managing the Boroughs future in the face of new development and declining revenues
- Guide land use within the Borough and revisions of land use regulations
- Provide guidance for sound resource and village development
- Help to manage Borough funds, employees, and facilities more efficiently
- Assist in obtaining grants for the Borough and villages
- Aid villages in developing comprehensive plans
- Help to identify and set priorities for actions by the Borough and its villages
- Incorporate values of our elders and visions of our youth
Gordon Brower, Director, NSB Planning Department
Phone Number: (907) 852-0320
Fax Number: (907) 852-0322