The Mayor’s Youth Advisory Council (MYAC) is a division in the Mayor’s Office. The mission of MYAC is to provide a voice for youth in decisions and policies of the North Slope Borough, thereby fostering our future leaders. This will be accomplished by:
- Supporting and encouraging constructive community projects;
- Strengthening relationships among youth; and between youth, adults, and elders;
- Encouraging positive activities involving youth;
- Acting as a resource for any Borough organization upon request and approval of the Mayor;
- Participating in Healthy Communities and Iñupiaq value's activities across the North Slope;
- Participating and supporting various organizations in activities and events involving youth;
- Involving a youth representative on the NSB Assembly and in local city councils.
Want to Join Us?
Do you have a vision of the FUTURE for the youth of the North Slope Borough?
Who can apply for the Mayor’s Youth Advisory Council?
You should apply if anything on the list below describes you!
You live in one of the North Slope Borough’s 7 residential villages (Atqasuk, Barrow, Kaktovik, Nuiqsut, Pt. Hope, Pt. Lay and Wainwright)
You are currently in grades 9-12.
You have a desire to see change within your village/community.
You want to learn about village and borough government.
You want to be a leader among the North Slope Borough.
You have a passion for serving your village/community.
You have a 3.0 GPA
Daniel Thomas, Deputy Advisor
Phone Number: (907) 852-0200
Fax Number: (907) 852-0337