The NSB-DWM conducts research on subsistence resources on the North Slope, including their biology and natural history as well as their subsistence use. See the sidebar menu or click below for specific research topics:
- Arctic Fox
- Beluga Whale
- Bowhead Whale
- Ice Seals
- Migratory Birds
- Oceanography and Sea Ice
- Polar Bears
- NSB Shell Baseline Studies Program
- Subsistence Harvest Documentation
- Health Assessment of Subsistence Resources
More projects can be found in these Co-Management webpages:
You can find satellite tracking maps for beluga and bowhead whales below:
- Beluga Satellite Tracking Maps
- Bowhead Satellite Tracking Maps
- Aerial Surveys of Arctic Marine Mammals (ASAMM) - NMML/NOAA
Conducting Arctic Research
- Principles for Conducting Research in the Arctic The Interagency Arctic Research Policy Committee (IARPC), chaired by the National Science Foundation (NSF), has revised this document.
If you have a Wildlife or an Environmental Observation to share with us, please submit your observation using our Wildlife Observation Form. Quyanaq!
For any errors seen on these NSB-DWM pages, please contact the NSB-DWM Outreach Coordinator at 907-852-0350. Thanks!
Sign on the door of the NSB Arctic Research Facility (ARF). Photo credit: Adrienne Boland
Banner photo credit: Adrienne Boland